Monday, January 21, 2013

Today....

Welcome to 2013!  

My plan for this blog is to post SOMETHING every month!! 

My life is crazy busy right now.  I work full time, am director of the Family History Center here in Salina KS, a Family History Consultant, ...........  and Editor of the Tree Climber (Newsletter for the Smoky Valley Genealogical Society- http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kssvgs/  Never a dull moment...    But I love it!

Doing family history runs in our family... (pun intended!)   I started working on family history with my Uncle John many years ago.  He inspired me and helped as I learned the ropes.  I learned what to look for and where, and the importance of knowing the stories of our ancestors...  not just the dates and places.  He is a thorough researcher....  and he researched the hard way- by visiting all the locations, going to court houses, correspondence, etc........  without the aid of a computer!  He is amazing and I am so lucky to have his support in my family history research and in my life!







No comments:

Post a Comment